- Planned giving is simply planning to support Sunrise long into the future. A planned gift is a long term commitment and a way for you to protect your assets and provide for your family while leaving a legacy.
There are several ways you can support Sunrise through planned giving:
- One of the most popular, and perhaps the easiest, ways to make a planned gift is through a bequest in your will. A bequest is a way to support Kentucky's abused and neglected children long into the future by including Sunrise in your will.
Gifts of Life Insurance
- Gifts of life insurance benefits are a great way to support Sunrise. You can name Sunrise to receive all or a portion of the proceeds of a life insurance policy.
- You may consider using retirement plan benefits to make a gift that will support Sunrise and provide a tax benefit to you.
Gifts of Endowment
- Endowments are the gifts that keep on giving and are important statements of a commitment to the future of Sunrise. By establishing an endowment, your legacy becomes a permanent part of our future.
Charitable Lead Trust
- With a charitable lead trust, the principal amount of the gift is invested and an annual payment is made to Sunrise for an amount of time specified by you. At the end of the specified time, the principal amount of the gift is returned to the donor or paid to a beneficiary.
Charitable Gift Annuity
- A gift annuity means you provide a gift of cash or other assets to Sunrise. Sunrise invests the gift and agrees to pay you a fixed income throughout your lifetime. The benefits to you include tax-free income.
Charitable Remainder Trust
- You irrevocably transfer money, securities, or other assets to a trust that will then pay you an income for life or for a period of years. If you wish, the trust also can pay an income to another beneficiary of your choice. At the death of the surviving beneficiary, the remaining principal in the trust goes to Sunrise.