- Individual, group, and family counseling
- Non-medical alcohol and drug abuse
- Psycho-educational groups
- Anger management counseling
- Therapeutic recreational activities
- Independent living skills
- Experiential therapy
- Nutritional meals
- Individualized educational tutoring
- Mentoring opportunities with professional staff
- Field trips and guest speakers to strengthen community involvement and leadership development
- Daily transportation to and from program
Youth Support Services
Sunrise’s Youth Support Center in London is a unique, community based ministry designed to serve clients and families in their home communities through a unique partnership with the Laurel County Fiscal Court. Existing for over fifteen years, the YSC program is an intensive outpatient afterschool program for identified at-risk youth that serves as an alternative to juvenile detention as well as a therapeutic intervention for those teens and their families struggling with a variety of issues. Our individualized interventions designed by the client, their family, and professionals utilize various therapies and activities to prevent the teen’s removal from their family home and the county where they live. Licensed by the Commonwealth of Kentucky as a non-medical, non-hospital-based alcohol and other drug abuse treatment program, the YSC program is accredited by The Joint Commission and licensed by the Commonwealth of Kentucky as a behavioral health care program.
The Youth Support Center professional staff works in conjunction with other involved professionals and the family to design and assist each youth in achieving his/her predefined goal through the use of intensive interventions designed to help each youth learn new skills and behaviors. Our program understands the daily stressors that teens today face in their home, school, and community, and works to eliminate those stressors while giving the teens coping skills and opportunities to put their new skills to work under the guidance of their family and service team.